Our checklist for preparing your holiday
- Security and travel equipment
Remember your identity cards (including those of children) and your social security information.
Before you leave, make sure that your home is well locked and secured, inform neighbours/friends/relatives about your trip and maybe change or cancel your newspaper.
For your security we recommend a cancellation and travel insurance.
Here you can find all current information about our safety and hygiene measures, travel restrictions as well as mandatory testing.
- Location and arrival
How to find us
Please be aware of the fact that the MarktlAlm is located at an altitude of almost 1,800 m above sea level and that you might have to overcome some steep inclines. Depending on the weather, road conditions can be challenging. In winter it might be useful to pack snow chains and starter cables.
Please pay attention to current traffic and congestion reports.
- Weather on Turracher Höhe
Are you already looking forward to your holiday? Maybe the current wheather situation and the webcams can increase your anticipation.
- Reception opening hours
Our reception team is available during the main season (mid December to Easter as well as July and August) from 8 am to 6 pm.
In the quieter months our Almlobby is open from 8 am to 4.30 pm.
Please let us know if you plan to arrive outside the opening hours or if you are late due to traffic. We will then prepare keys and further information accordingly for you.
- Check-in und Check-out
Your booked holiday home will be ready for you on the day of arrival from 4 pm, on the day of departure we ask you to hand over the cabin to us by 10 am at the latest.
- Check-In quicker
To enable us to prepare the necessary formalities for you at check-in and thus shorten your waiting time, please complete and return list of names to us. All guests on this list will receive the Turracher Höhe Butler Card and other discounts (discounts for ski school, ski rental etc.)
- Daily breakfast and bread service
For your breakfast we deliver freshly baked bread and rolls daily to your cabin door. You can order immediately on arrival and daily until 4.30 pm or send us the order list by email.
We are also happy to prepare a breakfast basket with delicacies for a pleasant start to the day in your hut (EUR 12,- per person). Please let us know before your arrival.
- Food and drink delivery - Due to delivery problems of our partner we are currently not able to offer this service. We are already working on a solution and ask for your understanding.
- MarktlAlm Alm shop
Fresh organic milk, yoghurts and eggs from regional organic farmers can be found for sale in the refrigerator in our alpine lobby. At Turracher Höhe directly you will find a small shop with regional specialities and souvenirs and the next supermarket is about 15 km away in Ebene Reichenau.
- Restaurant MarktlHütte
You can enjoy a cosy meal at the MarktlHütte in the Sonnleitn part of the village. The hut hosts serve traditional specialities from the region and also offer take-away meals or ready-to-cook meals on request. For orders and table reservations you can reach the hosts by phone +43 664 15 99 508 or +43 664 92 54 932.
- Leisure activities
As a guest of the MarktlAlm you will receive the Turracher Höhe Butler Card on your arrival, with which you can enjoy the varied programme of the Almbutler in summer and the Pistenbutler in winter free of charge. The butlers are connoisseurs of the region and are always happy to enhance your holiday with tips and interesting stories. Guided hikes, numerous events and many little surprises on the piste and on the mountain await you.
- Rental of e-bikes and sports equipment
We offer you modern and well serviced e-mountainbikes for half-day or day rental at the MarktlAlm in summer. Please reserve in advance if possible.
In winter you can rent sledges and toboggans in the Almlobby. Snowshoes, ice skates and equipment for cross-country skiing can be rented in the sports shops in the village, please contact our reception team.
Equipment of our apartments, chalets und lodges
- Fridge with freezer compartment
- Stove with oven
- Crockery, cutlery, chopping boards, glasses
- Pans and pots in several sizes
- Filter coffee machine and Nespresso capsule machine
- Kettle and microwave oven
- Tea towels, sponge cloth, dishwashing liquid, dishwasher tabs and garbage bags
What you should bring along if necessary
- Salt, pepper, sugar and spices, kitchen roll
- Lighter (also available in the Almlobby) and charcoal for barbecue
- Nespresso capsules (also available in the Almlobby)
- Toaster, blender, egg boiler, egg cup
- Possibly additional large pans for frying or cooking and baking
Bedroom / bathroom / sauna
- When packing, please also think of bed linen and towels as well as bathrobes, sauna towels, sauna oil and bathing shoes for your sauna visit.
- If we can provide you with a linen package (bed cover, towel, bath towel) in the hut (€ 12,- per person), please inform us before your arrival or book the package directly.
- Bathrobes (€ 4,-) can also be hired from us.
- A hairdryer is only available at the lodges Waldblick.
Think of cosy evenings in front of the fireplace with cards, board games or a good book. Slippers are also practical.
If you wish to use our guest laundry, please bring washing powder with you.
Don't forget your small first-aid kit with the most necessary things for the little mishaps in the mountains. Blister plasters, for example, can work wonders during long hikes.
We wish you a pleasant and safe journey and look forward to welcoming you soon to the MarktlAlm.