Location & arrival
MarktlAlm on Turracher Höhe is located between Styria and Carinthia at almost 1,800 m altitude and can be easily reached from Italy or Slovenia via Carinthia (Kärnten). From the north side - wheather from Vienna, Salzburg or Munich you drive through Styria. If you have any questions about your journey, please call us.
By the way ... in winter it can be very helpful to have snow chains in your car.
Your booked chalet or lodge is ready for you from 4 pm on the day of arrival, on the day of departure we ask you to hand over the hut by 10 am at the latest.
So that we can prepare the necessary formalities for you at check-in and thus shorten your waiting time, please complete and return this list of names. All guests on this list will receive the Turracher Höhe Butler Card and other discounts (discounts for ski school, ski rental, etc.).
Our reception is open during the high season (mid-December to Easter and July and August) from 8 am to 6 pm.
In the quieter months our reception is open from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
Please inform us if you plan to arrive outside the opening hours or if you are delayed due to traffic. We will then prepare keys and further information for you accordingly.
In the high season 7 nights (SUMMER MAIN SEASON: from 02.07.-02.09.22 we can offer shorter stays (from Sun-Mi and from Wed-Sun) on request and according to availability.)
In low season 3 nights
Remember your IDs (including children's) and social security cards.
Before you leave, check that your home is locked and secured, inform your neighbors/friends/relatives about your trip, and possibly change or cancel your newspaper.
For your safety we recommend a cancellation and travel insurance.
- Refrigerator with freezer compartment
- Stove with oven
- dishes, cutlery, cutting boards, glasses
- pans and pots in several sizes
- Filter coffee machine (No. 4) and Nespresso capsule machine
- Electric kettle and microwave
- Dish towels, sponge cloth, dishwashing detergent, tabs for the dishwasher and garbage bags
What you should bring with you if needed
- Salt, pepper, sugar and spices, kitchen roll
- lighters (also available in the alpine lobby), charcoal and barbecue cutlery for barbecue
- Nespresso capsules (also available in the alpine lobby)
- Toaster, blender, egg stove, egg cup
- Possibly additional large pans for frying or cooking and baking dishes
Bedroom / Bathroom / Sauna
When packing, please think about bathrobes, sauna towels, sauna oil and bathing shoes for your sauna visit.
Sauna packages with sauna towel and bathrobe (€ 10,- p.P.) can also be rented from us.
A hairdryer is available in all chalets & lodges.
Think of cozy evenings in front of the fireplace with cards, board games or a good book. Slippers are also practical.
If you would like to use our guest laundry, please bring detergent with you. Don't forget to pack a small first-aid kit with the most necessary things for the little mishaps in the mountains. Blister plasters, for example, can work wonders on long hikes.
Comfortable dining in the MarktlHütte. Let our hut host Stefan spoil you with lovingly prepared hut specialties. Traditional Austrian delicacies, Schweinsbratl', Kässpätzle and of course strudel, as you would expect in a hut restaurant. Also look forward to barbecue evenings, speciality days and much more.
In summer you can enjoy coffee, ice cream, cocktails and hut snacks after hiking on the cozy sun terrace.
You can also order and pick up food and depending on availability we also deliver. Whether barbecue packages for grilling in the hut, hearty snack platters, candlelight dinners, birthday parties or request menus - on request we make almost everything possible, just let us know your wishes.
Open daily from 11:00 to 22:00.
For orders & reservations, our host Stefan is happy to be there for you personally! +47 40199369
For your breakfast we deliver bread and pastries daily fresh to your door. You can order immediately upon arrival and daily until 4:30 pm or send us the order list in advance by email.
We will also be happy to prepare a breakfast basket for you in your chalet with delicacies for a pleasant start to the day. We charge an extra fee of EUR 15,- per person and day. Please let us know at least 3 days before your arrival.
You can shop with us 24 hours a day regionally. The Ackerbox is located in the parking space above the reception. There you will find regional, high-quality products such as organic eggs from happy chickens, organic dairy products, a wide selection of organic meat products from Nockfleisch, organic pasta, organic dumplings, culinary Swiss stone pine products, seasonal fruits and vegetables, delicious ice cream from the Huber family mountain farm and much more...
SPAR Ebene Reichenau - 15 min driving time
BILLA Patergassen - 20 min driving time
As guests of the MarktlAlm you will receive the Turracher Höhe Butler Card upon arrival, with which you can enjoy the varied program of the Almbutler in summer and the Pistenbutler in winter free of charge. The butlers are connoisseurs of the region and are always happy to brighten up your vacation with tips and interesting stories. In addition, guided hikes, numerous events and little surprises on the slopes and on the mountain await you.
Further Butlercard advantages in summer:
- Daily one free ride with the Nocky Flitzer from 10:00 - 11:30 am.
- Additionally one free ride with the Panoramabahn until 4.00 p.m. (July & August until 5.00 p.m.)
- Daily one free ride with the Kornockbahn (without sports equipment)
- 20% discount on the Bike day ticket or 10% discount on the Bike 4-hour ticket
- 10% discount on bike courses & tours
- Free use of the extensive Butler program
Butler Bonus Partner
- Genussladen: from purchase of gift articles 50,- € à 5 %, from purchase of 100,- à 10
- Intersport Brandstätter & Sportshop Skiworld: from purchase 50,- € à 5 %, from purchase 100,- à 10 %
- mythos edelstein kranzelbinder: free guided tour every DI at 4 pm. On other days reduced admission with the Alm Butler Card (4,- € instead of 6,- €) plus a cut Turracher gemstone
- Nockalmstraße: with the Turracher Guest Card 50% discount
- Montanmuseum: admission: 6,- € (instead of 8,- €), children 3,- € (instead of 4,- €)
- Biosphärenpark Nockberge: guided stone pine hike and guided herb hike with Almbutler Card free of charge (instead of 15,-)
- Reptile Zoo Nockalm: with the Turrach Guest Card admission: 7,- € (instead of 9,- €), children 4,- € (instead of 5,-)
- DAS Holzmuseum in St. Ruprecht ob Murau: admission 8,50 € (instead of 10,-€), 1 parent with children up to 15 years 16,- € (instead of 18,-€), family card 25,- € (instead of 28,-€)
The advantages of the Butlercard and the Butler Bonus Partner are only valid during the summer season!
Kärnten Card advantage on the Turracher Höhe in winter
- 1 x daily free ascent and descent with the panorama cable car
- Free cross-country skiing card (photo ID required)
Three different cross-country trails with a total length of 13 km are waiting for cross-country skiers in the middle of the untouched winter landscape. Connoisseurs take the Panoramabahn up to 2,000 m above sea level and appreciate the wonderful view and the spacious sun terrace of the AlmZeit hut.
You can get the Kärnten Card directly at the Panorama Bahn.
Opening hours / operating times
Panorama lift: daily from 09.00-16.00
Cross-country trails daily from 08.00 - 16.30 - depending on snow and weather conditions
From the MarktlAlm you walk via the Barbarasiedlung (opposite the MarktlAlm access) to the Turracher Höhe. The path leads directly to the Turracher See. Walking time approx. 20 min.
We offer you modern and well-serviced e-mountain bikes for half-day or day rental at the MarktlAlm in summer. Please reserve in advance if possible.
Half day rental: 25 €
Day rental: 35 €
In winter you can rent toboggans and sledges in our alpine lobby. Snowshoes, ice skates and equipment for cross-country skiing can be rented in the sports stores in town, please contact our reception team.
The MarktlAlm is an official "Bike Partner" of the Turracher Höhe and is specialized in the needs of mountain bikers. In addition, our guests enjoy the following benefits:
- 20% discount on the Bike day ticket - or 10% discount on the 4 hour ticket.
- 10% on bike courses & tours offers
- free butler card
- free use of the butler program
The highlight for young and old is the alpine roller coaster Nocky Flitzer: a toboggan run that takes you spectacularly and safely down into the valley.
Cutting curves through the pine forest, traffic circles, wave tracks and jumps - the 1.6 kilometer long track is unique and spectacular.
From the Panoramabahn mountain station (2,000 meters) it goes - with a view of Lake Turrach, partly with a panoramic view south to the Karawanken and partly through the Zirbenwald - down to the Turracher Höhe (1,763 meters).
From the village Waldblick there is a ski trail (past the reception and then right into the forest), which leads directly to the Zirbenwaldbahn.
You can return with the ski shuttle.
Here you can find the shuttle service schedule
You want to learn skiing or snowboarding? There are several ski schools on the Turracher Höhe.
For the preparation of your vacation and so that you also pack the right clothes, current weather and webcams are ideal.
Is there a nicer place to work? Our Chalets & Lodges are equipped with fast and secure WLAN and are perfect for home office in the alps.
Dogs are welcome to stay with us. However, please note the maximum number of 2 dogs per cottage.