MarktlAlm in winter
Be active and enjoy the winter at the MarktlAlm. After a full day of skiing, snowboarding, or snow shoe hikes, your cozy cottage will be waiting for you. It’s time to enjoy a warm fire in the wood-burning fireplace or a hot sauna. Afterwards prepare a delicious dinner together, have a nice night out at the Marktlhuette or pick up your ordered food for a relaxing night in; whichever way you chose.
The Turracher Hoehe is one of the snowiest regions in Austria, but aside from skiing there are other activities waiting for you. Between Styria (Steiermark) and Carinthia (Kaernten) you will find ski slopes for beginners and the more experienced but also a fun mountain for carvers and snowboarders. Modern ski lifts transport winter sports enthusiasts until early spring to an elevation of 2.205m (7,234 feet).
- 42 km (26 miles) of wide and challenging ski slopes for the whole family
- Offers the most unique fun mountain activities in Austria: snow park, fun slope, fun cross and kids slope
- “Nocky Flitzer” – 1 mile (1.6km) long alpine toboggan track
- Tobogganing at night, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Skiing at night every Wednesday on lighted slopes
- Cross country trails, 16 mile (25 km) winter hiking trails, guided snow shoe hikes
- Guided snow mobile tours
- Ice skating on the Turracher Lake
- Pisten Butler program (available free of charges with the Butler Card)
To get to the winter sport region Turracher Hoehe from the MarktlAlm you can either take a short walk with your skis (5 min) or the ski shuttle, which is free of charge. The ski region Turracher Höhe offers a number of different lift ticket options. We advise you at MarktlAlm or find the rates on the link below:
The ski resort Turracher Höhe is located at the border between Carinthia and Styria.
Get an overview here:
No matter if you are a beginner or you would like to become better in skiing, Skischule Pertl, the local ski school, will take excellent care of you. Expert ski instructors teach classes for adults and children for either ski, snowboard, or cross country skiing. Additionally, workshops for free-riding and carving are being offered.
You don’t have any ski equipment or would like to try out the newest winter gear on the market? Not a problem, Huskys Kurse-Verleih-Service is your go-to-shop for the newest ski and snowboarding trends. A 15% discount is offered to all our MarktlAlm guests. After a day of skiing just leave your equipment at the shop, they will repair and improve your gear and then drop it off at your cabin.